Hi, I've been messing around with this for a bit and I have... issues.
- I have a really hard time with the interface, the text and buttons are very small on my monitor.
- There's a lot of waiting around and I'm not quite sure why (Not "I don't understand" but "The game doesn't tell me". My trains keep disappearing into whatever those pause signs are meant to represent (Tool tips would be nice) and then I have to wait for an arbetrarily long time to get them back. I get if this is in the service of realism, but in that case I could use another level of fast forward.
- I'm not entirely sure how many trains I have. Could use a train list early on (I see there's a train button greyed out, but I feel like a train overview would be more useful to a first time player, and should maybe not be stuck behind an upgrade.
- I've done it once, but I'm not sure how to unlock the contracts dialogue. A couple more tutorial boxes popping up in the corner to get me through the first bit of the game and let me know I'm not screwing up royally would be appreciated.
Wow, that's a lot of bad things, sorry. Most of that is keeping me from engaging with the game propper, so sorry I don't have more in-depth feedback. There's a couple things I really like:
- I love the visual style of the map. It's very appropriate to the theme, almost like my computer is a diagetic control panel. The visuals are honestly why I tried this game to begin with.
- The way you progress research by completeing trips is neat.
- When I actually have more than one train on the board, navigating them around is very satisfying.
I am very excited for this project, It's a nice next step from like, Mini Metro, and I look forward to getting good at it and really letting myself get engrossed.